MMS is urgently seeking a missionary / volunteer to serve as School Manager at the Singapore Mission School (SMS) located in Vientiane, Laos. Prior leadership experience in a Singapore school is preferred, but not mandatory.
SMS is a licensed primary school presently serving about 70 students in kindergarten through grade 5. There are 13 teachers (5 expats + 8 locals), plus 4 non-teaching staff. Responsibilities include providing oversight for all management and operational processes, including financial and human resources.
Do you believe God is calling you to serve in missions?
Do you have a heart for sharing the good news through education ministry?
If so, please email or call 6478 4818.
Are you looking for an avenue to serve the Lord and to invest in building a quality school for the children of Cambodia? Join us!
The Methodist School of Cambodia (MSC) has been working towards fulfilling this vision for 20 years in Phnom Penh. Started by our own MMS Missionaries in 1997, the school has with over 900 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12, and 80 staff today.
As the school continues to grow, opportunities to serve abound. If you have expertise and experiences in the following areas, please get in touch with us:
1. Admin functions (HR, finance, governance, information management, etc.)
2. Teaching English, Chinese, Math, and Science between Primary and High School levels.
3. Teaching students with special needs.
A minimum commitment period of three months is required. Please email or call 6478 4818.
BE A VOLUNTEER
MMS provides widening opportunities in the harvest fields - evangelising, equipping and nurturing new believers, making disciples, establishing mission endeavours, and church planting.
We believe it is God's timing for The Methodist Church in Singapore to move up to the forefront of missions. With more Spirit-led 'open doors' before us, let us step forward to join other Methodists in missions to touch and transform lives of those needing the Lord Jesus Christ.
Mission Partners & Volunteers (MPV) is a special group of people who are willing to be used by God - to bring His blessings with a greater potential at a larger extent of outreach!
You can be an MPV (Mission Partners & Volunteers) too!
IN THE FIELD
The fields are ready for harvesting – but there are so few labourers. In the seven countries that MMS is serving, we continue to be needful for the following:
• Full-time missionaries to join us! We are asking the Lord to send pastors, church planters, ministry workers, mentors, and teachers.
• Short-term workers who are willing to spend between two weeks and six months to help our missionaries. Please raise your own financial support.
• Prayer partners to pray for our ministries and missionaries.
What to do if you sense the LORD calling you into His mission field:
• Speak with your pastor and ask him/her to help examine your calling to missions.
• If your church pastor and leaders affirm your calling and are prepared to support – praise the Lord! Call MMS straight away.
• If your church pastor and leaders affirm your calling but are unable to provide full financial support for you – call MMS anyway! Some of our missionaries are supported by the combined efforts of multiple Methodist churches, agencies, and individuals.
• Secondary and primary school teachers to teach and train our teachers at the Methodist School of Cambodia.
• Trained social worker as well as Children’s & Youth Ministry worker for Community Outreach Services (COS) NGO.
• Prayer and financial supporters for pastors of the Methodist Church in Cambodia, who are receiving below the national minimum wage.
• Trainers and volunteers to support market place ministry and consider joining BAMBOO
• Missionaries who are willing to be trained in making disciples through our ministries.
• Professional trainers to conduct enrichment courses, leadership development, young adult counselling.
• Partners to support social work and community development programme, e.g. for medical services.
• Fulltime personnel to help oversee Singapore Mission School (SMS) and develop partnerships for community development.
• Kindergarten and Primary teachers familiar with the Singapore curriculum to teach at SMS. Teachers can opt to serve a one-year term or longer.
• A seminary graduate to serve at Caleb Bible Institute on a short-term attachment.
• Ministry staff to serve as spiritual counsellors and mentors for Sophia’s Home on short field assignments.
• Missionary to serve in Nepal. Two missionaries will be returning to Singapore by end September 2020 and will complete their service with MMS by 4Q of 2020.
• Short-term helpers to organise programmes and activities for BB, GB, and Children’s Ministry at Rangsit and Song-Roi Phee tuition centres.
• Qualified Kindergarten and Primary levels teachers to conduct teachers’ training at Vineyard Methodist School and Little Candles Methodist School.
• Mission teams to conduct evangelistic events, community services, etc at our Methodist churches.
• Teachers to volunteer for one year to provide instruction for students in Grades 7 to 11 at the St Paul Methodist School (SPMS), or mentor local teachers in basic curriculum design and instructional strategies for at least a month.
• Short-term volunteers to provide English, Science or Mathematics tuition for Grade 10-12 students in the Sundermeier Home.
• More sponsors are needed for students enrolled at SPMS and high school residents at Sundermeier Home. Please support the MMS Student Sponsorship Scheme (SSS) for children and youth from poor families.
• An assistant pastor, pastoral assistant or ministry staff with theological qualifications to serve in International Christian Fellowship (ICF) at Ho Chi Minh City.
• Tentmakers, social entrepreneurs, teachers, and professionals to worship and serve in ICF.
• Mission teams to visit and serve alongside ICF.
• Volunteer to train ICF members on the audio-visual equipment.
Exploration of New Geographical Missions Partnerships (NewGMP)
• MMS is exploring collaborative partnership with local Methodist churches in countries such as Indonesia and Myanmar.
• If the Lord is leading you to serve in places beyond the seven countries where MMS has some form of ministry, please get in touch with us.
AT HOME (in Singapore)
You can also come alongside as Mission Partners and Volunteers (MPV) at home to encourage and empower God’s work and workers to incarnate the love of Jesus Christ to make a difference in the mission fields.
Communications and Publications
• Be an English-Chinese translator.
• Be a photographer or videographer.
• Be a graphic designer.
• Be a web designer.
• Be our MMS Event Coordinator.
• Be part of our Fund Raising Team.
• Be our Fellowship Mailer Team.
• Be a sponsor through the Student Sponsorship Schemes.
For more information about these opportunities, contact us. Be in prayer with us as we seek God’s direction to challenge and mobilise our Methodist community to serve Christ.
(The above opportunities to serve are extracted from Harvest Force 2020 issue 3)
BE A MITE PARTICIPANT
MMS Missions Internship Training and Exposure (MITE) is a programme designed to send believers to the mission fields for 1 to 6 months. It is an opportunity to give your best to God!
BE ON A MISSION TRIP
If you are interested to find out more about the different fields, please email the respective persons at these email addresses:
These are some useful resources if you are going on a mission trip:
Please let us know if there is other useful resource for mission trippers. Thanks!