BE A VOLUNTEER
MMS provides widening opportunities in the harvest fields - evangelising, equipping and nurturing new believers, making disciples, establishing mission endeavours, and church planting.
We believe it is God's timing for The Methodist Church in Singapore to move up to the forefront of missions. With more Spirit-led 'open doors' before us, let us step forward to join other Methodists in missions to touch and transform lives of those needing the Lord Jesus Christ.
Mission Partners & Volunteers (MPV) is a special group of people who are willing to be used by God - to bring His blessings with a greater potential at a larger extent of outreach!
You can be an MPV (Mission Partners & Volunteers) too!
IN THE FIELD
The fields are ready for harvesting – but there are so few labourers. In the seven countries that MMS is serving, we continue to be needful for the following:
• Full-time missionaries to join us! We are asking the Lord to send pastors, church planters, ministry workers, mentors, and teachers.
• Short-term workers who are willing to spend between two weeks and six months to help our missionaries. Please raise your own support.
• More importantly, prayer partners to pray for our ministries and missionaries.
What to do if you sense the LORD calling you into His mission field:
• Speak with your pastor and ask him/her to help examine your calling to missions.
• If your church pastor and leaders affirm your calling and are prepared to provide full financial support – praise the Lord! Call MMS straight away.
• If your church pastor and leaders affirm your calling but are unable to provide full financial support for you – call MMS anyway! Some of our missionaries are supported by the combined efforts of multiple Methodist Churches, Agencies, and individuals.
• Secondary and primary school teachers to teach and train our teachers at the Methodist School of Cambodia.
• Trained social workers as well as Children’s & Youth Ministry workers for Community Outreach Services (COS) NGO.
• Prayer and financial supporters for pastors of the Methodist Church in Cambodia as they are receiving below the national minimum wage and have to be bi-vocational.
• Trainers and volunteers to support market place ministry and consider joining BAMBOO (www.bamboofoundation.sg).
• Missionaries who are willing to be trained in making disciples in our ministries.
• Professional trainers to conduct enrichment courses on leadership development, family, marriage, parenting skills, etc.
• Partners to support social work and community development programme.
• Explore and develop reverse mission strategy.
• Missionary to oversee Singapore Mission School (SMS) operations and develop partnership with local churches for village outreach.
• Three Kindergarten and Primary teachers familiar with the Singapore curriculum to teach at SMS. Teachers can opt to serve a one-year term or longer.
• Experienced volunteer English teacher to help at SMS.
• A TTC graduate to serve at Caleb Bible Institute on a short-term attachment.
• Ministry staff to serve as spiritual counsellors and mentors for Sophia’s Home on short field assignments.
• Missionary to serve in Nepal.
• Short term help (Primary English and Math) for Rangsit, and Songroi-pi tuition centres.
• Qualified English, Chinese, and Math teachers to conduct teachers’ training at Vineyard Methodist School and Little Candles School.
• Mission teams to conduct evangelistic events, community services, etc at our Methodist churches.
• Teachers willing to volunteer for one year to provide instruction for Grade 7 to 10 students at the St Paul Methodist School (SPMS) or mentor local teachers in basic curriculum design and instructional strategies for at least a month.
• Short-term volunteers to provide English, Science or Mathematics tuition for Grade 10-12 students in the Sundermeier Home.
• With more than 120 students enrolled at SPMS and 38 high school student residents at Sundermeier Home, more donors for Student Sponsorship Scheme (SSS) are needed to support children and youth from poor families.
• An assistant pastor, pastor assistant or ministry staff with theological studies to serve in International Christian Fellowship (ICF-HCMC).
• Tentmakers, social entrepreneurs, teachers, and professionals to worship and serve in ICF.
• Mission teams to visit and serve alongside ICF .
AT HOME (in Singapore)
You can also come alongside as Mission Partners and Volunteers (MPV) at home to encourage and empower God’s work and workers to incarnate the love of Jesus Christ to
make a difference in the mission fields.
Communications and Publications
• Be an English-Chinese translator.
• Be a photographer or videographer.
• Be a graphic designer.
• Be a web designer.
• Be our MMS Event Coordinator.
• Be part of our Fund Raising Team.
• Be a sponsor through the Student Sponsorship Schemes.
For more information of all these opportunities, contact us. Be in prayer with us as we seek God’s direction to challenge and mobilise our Methodist community to serve Christ.
(The above opportunities to serve are extracted from Harvest Force 2019 issue 2)
BE A MITE PARTICIPANT
MMS Missions Internship Training and Exposure (MITE) is a programme designed to send believers to the mission fields for 1 to 6 months. It is an opportunity to give your best to God!
BE ON A MISSION TRIP
If you are interested to find out more about the different fields, please email the respective persons at these email addresses:
East Asia –
These are some useful resources if you are going on a mission trip:
Please let us know if there is other useful resource for mission trippers. Thanks!